Codefresh integrates with Jira in a variety of ways. This site will show how you can integrate with Jira for the highest observability of your GitOps deployments. Alternatively, you can connect to Jira
- Through a custom step from our step marketplace so that you can connect your pipelines with Jira
- Through using your own jira-cli
Setting up the Jira Integration For GitOps
The goal of the Codefresh GitOps Dashboard is to provide the highest observability into your deployments. The Codefresh GitOps Dashboard tags the Jira issues associated to deployments automatically through the Codefresh Jira Integration. This section will provide an overview of setting up the integration.
On the main Codefresh Dashboard, navigate to
Integration tap, you will find all of your integrations. Go to
Atlassian Jira to connect your Jira account with Codefresh.
Authenticate with the Codefresh Marketplace App
Note that Codefresh currently has to provide you with access to use the Jira Marketplace App. Please get in touch for more information.
This is the recommended way to set-up your Jira Integration. To use the Codefresh Marketplace App on Jira, select
Jira Marketplace App within the Jira Integration Setting in your Codefresh Account.
To access the information needed to set-up the integration with the Codefresh Marketplace App, follow these steps:
- Visit the Codefresh Application on the Atlassian Marketplace.
- Install the application through
Get it now. This will open up a screen to confirm the installation. Confirm the installation.
- Once the installation has finished, go to the
Appsmenu within your Jira Account.
Manage your apps.
- You should find a section called
User-installed apps. Within this section, you should find the Codefresh CI/CD platform integration.
- Click on
- This will provide you with your Organization URL and the Client Key. Copy and Paste both into the Jira Integration within your Codefresh Integration Settings.
- Lastly, test your integration to ensure the credentials are set-up correctly.
You are all set!
Provide Account Details
Using your account details to set-up the integration, you will have to provide
Integration Name: Any name that you fancy
Jira URL: This is the URL of your organisation e.g. ‘https://company-name.atlassian.net’
Jira Username: This is usually the e-mail that you are logged in with at Jira
- Your Jira
PasswordAlternatively, you could authenticate with the Jira Client Key.
Using the Jira Integration
Once Jira is connected to your Codefresh account, you can use both platforms in combination and integrate Jira into your GitOps workflow.