Prepare for hybrid runtime installation
If this is your first time installing GitOps in Codefresh, review and confirm that your deployment environment conforms to the minimum requirements for hybrid runtime installation. Check the system requirements.
If you already have a hybrid runtime installation on your cluster, you have two options:
- To install on the same cluster, first uninstall the existing hybrid runtime. Currently, you can install a single hybrid runtime per cluster.
- Install on a different cluster, verifying that you meet the minimum requirements.
Uninstallation tips for existing runtimes
- Before you run uninstall an existing hybrid runtime from the Codefresh UI, or run
cf runtime <name> uninstallfrom the CLI, delete all Codefresh-related namespaces.
- If a namespace is frozen in the
Terminatingstatus, it could be because the namespace has resources with finalizers that are preventing deletion. Here’s how you can remove finalizers using
- In the
applicationsview, do the following for each application:
eto edit the YAML.
- Scroll down to the section entitled
- Move cursor to the line with the finalizer definition, and then hit
ddto delete the line.
- Delete also the
- To save and exit, hit
- Try deleting the namespace again.
- In the