Prepare for Hybrid GitOps Runtime installation
Hybrid GitOps Runtimes are installed via Helm charts.
If this is your first time installing GitOps in Codefresh, review and confirm that your deployment environment conforms to the minimum requirements for Hybrid GitOps installation. Check the system requirements.
Existing CLI-based Hybrid GitOps installation
If you already have a CLI-based Hybrid GitOps Runtime installed on your cluster, you have two options:
- To install on the same cluster, first uninstall the existing CLI-based Hybrid GitOps Runtime. This is the recommended option.
- Install on a different cluster, verifying that you meet the minimum requirements.
Uninstallation tips for existing CLI-based Hybrid GitOps Runtimes
- Before you run uninstall an existing CLI-based Hybrid GitOps Runtime from the Codefresh UI, or run
cf runtime <name> uninstallfrom the CLI, delete all Codefresh-related namespaces.
- If a namespace is frozen in the
Terminatingstatus, it could be because the namespace has resources with
finalizersthat are preventing deletion. Here’s how you can remove
- In the
applicationsview, do the following for each application:
eto edit the YAML.
- Scroll down to the section entitled
- Move cursor to the line with the finalizer definition, and then hit
ddto delete the line.
- Delete also the
- To save and exit, hit
- Try deleting the namespace again.
- In the