How to deploy to Kubernetes
Learn the different Kubernetes deployment options
Codefresh offers several options when it comes to Kubernetes deployments:
- Codefresh UI for on-demand deployments
This is the easiest deployment option for Kubernetes. See our Kubernetes deployment quick start.
- Through a dedicated deploy step in a pipeline.
- Through the cf-deploy-kubernetes step in a pipeline
Use this to also perform simple templating on Kubernetes manifests.
- Through a freestyle step with Kustomize.
See Deployment with Kustomize.
- Using a freestyle step with your own
This deployment option gives you great flexibility, but assumes that you know how to work with
kubectl. See Custom kubectl commands.
- Using Helm as a package manager
See our Helm deployment to Kubernetes quick start.
Prerequisites for all options
- A K8s cluster in Codefresh (see Connecting a Kubernetes cluster )
- Familiarity with the Codefresh YAML for pipeline definitions, basic pipeline steps, and how to describe them
- Docker registry integration in Codefresh