Validation Port warnings
When you try to launch a service or composition you may see warning regarding the validation port. The validation port is a port that Codefresh uses to verify that your application is up.
Validation Port warning – pipeline launch
Problem: I tried to launch a pipeline and received the following warning messages in the build log:
- “Encountered a problem while validating your application. Please check your pipeline configuration.”
- “No default port was configured”.
When launching a pipeline, Codefresh exposes the ports specified in the repository’s Dockerfile. Codefresh enables you to validate that your application is up by running a ‘health check’ to test the connection to one of the exposed ports. When you receive this error message, the pipeline was launched successfully, but the Codefresh health check couldn’t identify which URL to validate or didn’t get a response from the specified application port.
- Make sure that you listen to one of your exposed ports:
- If you use a Dockerfile, listen to a port in your application.
- If you use a template, listen to one of the exposed ports in either the template, or in the ports list. (If you are not using a Dockerfile, you can find the ports list in the Pipeline view.
- Navigate to
Launch Settings, and verify that the
Application Portis the same one that your application exposes, and listen to it. This is the port on which Codefresh runs the health check.