Integration with self-hosted (on-prem) git providers
Basically there are two scenarios of configuring Codefresh to work with On-prem git providers:
- Codefresh SaaS with self-hosted git providers.
- Codefresh On-Prem with self-hosted git providers.
May I use my existing account for a SaaS git provider?
If you already have accounts and users created for SaaS git provider types, you will need to create a separate account and users specifically for self-hosted type of git provider. This is related to a generic restriction – one account per git provider. For instance, SaaS GitHub and On-prem GitHub are considered as two different git providers in terms of integration with Codefresh
Codefresh SaaS with self-hosted git providers
If you use Codefresh SaaS, you need to request Codefresh team to create an account for you. Please follow this guide.
If you intend to add more users to this account:
- Ask Codefresh team to create the users for you, giving the emails on which you will receive activation letters.
- When the needed users are created, you can add them into your account on the
Collaboratorspage. There you can assign roles to the users and delete them from the collaborators list later if needed.
Codefresh On-Prem with self-hosted git providers
- Login to Codefresh with the user that has
Adminrole (not the
- Create an account with the corresponding on-prem git provider. For that go to the
Accountspage, click on the
plusbutton and select the needed on-prem git provider (Stash, GitHub OnPrem, GitLab OnPrem):
- Create a user and link it with the account. For that go to the
Userspage, click on the
Create new userbutton, fill in the username and email, select the on-prem git provider (the same as for the account), select the name of the account you created above, click the
Click on the
Set the user as admin of this account.
- On the same
Userspage find the created user, click on the button under
plusin front of
local, enter the password, click on the
- On the same
Userspage change the status of the user from
- Login to Codefresh with the created user. For that you should go to the login page (
https://<yourcodefreshhostname>/login), click on the
On Premise Codefreshbutton and enter the credentials.
- After you have logged in you will need to integrate your git provider server with Codefresh. For that go to
Integration, where you will find option to add your git provider server.
If you intend to add more users to this account repeat the steps above from 3 to 5.
Understanding the Users and Accounts relationships
The relationship between users and accounts is “many-to-many”: a user can be linked with multiple accounts and vice-versa - an account can be linked with many users.