Codefresh Docker Registry
When creating Codefresh account you will automatically get access to your Codefresh Registry which stores and lets you distribute docker images.
All images built in Codefresh are automatically pushed to your Codefresh registry.
With Codefresh registry you will be able to:
- Control where your images are being stored
- Fully own your images distribution pipeline
- Integrate image storage and distribution into your in-house development workflow
See bellow, how to use CFCR locally to push/pull/search images.
Generate CFCR Login Token
First, you will need a Codefresh API token. To get it, login into Codefresh and navigate to
User Settings. Generate Codefresh Registry Access Token and copy this token from there.
Use Codefresh Registry Locally
By default, all CF users have permissions to
search Docker images in every user CF account.
||Your username in Codefresh|
||CFCR Login Token that was generated in the previous step|
||Name of your account in Codefresh|
||Tag of your image|
Use Codefresh Registry in codefresh
To integrate with Codefresh Registry, first select Codefresh Registry from the new registry drop down and then provide the following
- Registry Name - A unique name for this configuration
- Username - Your username in Codefresh
- Access token - Your generated access token
Images built in Codefresh
- All images built in Codefresh are automatically pushed to the Codefresh registry after the build.
- Distinguishing between images which were pushed to the registry and old images which were not pushed (Turquoise tags for new and Grey tags for old).
- To push the old images to the Codefresh Registry you can do it on the tab Images, just click on the button
Promote imageand specify the image name in the format
Pull image from Codefresh Registry
In the tab Images for each image, you can find the command to pull this image from Codefresh Registry.
Login To CFCR In order to pull images from Codefresh’s registry you must first login. Use this Docker command to authenticate.
Pull Docker Image Use this Docker pull command to download the image