Trigger the Hello World example pipeline
Now that you have successfully installed the hybrid runtime, you can trigger one of the Hello World demo pipelines included in the runtime package. The two Hello World example pipelines are triggered by different event conditions:
- Git (GitHub) event
- Calendar (cron) event
For the quick start, let’s focus on the
Create a PAT token
To commit resources for the
github/hello-world pipeline, you need to add a PAT to Codefresh.
- Create your personal token with a valid
For the pipeline, you need
- In the Codefresh UI, go to User Settings, add your token.
View the pipelines in Codefresh.
- In the Codefresh UI, go to Delivery Pipelines.
github/hello-worldpipeline has not been triggered as it requires a Git event to trigger it.
cron/hello-worldpipeline shows statistics as it has already been triggered based on the
View and update manifest
As we don’t have a workflow for this pipeline, you will configure the Git Source resource in the pipeline’s Manifest tab.
- In the Pipelines page, to drill down, select the pipeline name.
- Select the Manifest tab, and click the arrowhead to expand the resource view.
You can see these resources:
- Event Source (
- Sensor (
- Workflow Template (
The pipeline is configured to run on a
PUSHevent in the Git repository.
Codefresh does the following:
- Commits the changes to your Git repository.
- Synchronizes the changes in Git back to your cluster, and updates the
- Triggers this pipeline after the
PUSHevent to your repository.
- Creates a workflow. View it in the UI, in the Workflows dashboard.
Select view workflow details to see the workflow log.